Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First day of Master Cleanse

First let me start by saying I have tried just about every diet out there. Just to name a few, I have tried the Cabbage Soup Diet, Low Fat diet, low carb diet, 3 day diet, South Beach, Grapefruit, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet. I have even created a few of my own like the Jell-O diet. I have also tried almost all of the diet aids out there. Some were okay and I even lost weight with a few but most were not. The biggest disappointment was Alli. After all the hoopla about this drug I was a little afraid to start taking it….but I did. Nothing. Not one pound was loss and I didn’t have all the “unpleasant” affects as promised. What they don’t tell you until you call and complain about the drug is you have to be really overweight…not just like 10 pounds over your ideal weight. That was just another lesson learned.

So today I am starting something new. Today is my first day on the Lemonade Diet…The Master Cleanser. My goal is to last the entire 10 days. That’s right 10 ... it was not a typo. For the next ten days the plan is to drink at least 60 oz. of the lemonade and my body weight (in oz .. not pounds) of water.

For the past week I have been getting my mind ready for this cleanse. I talked about it every day and told each one of my family members I would be starting soon so I would need their help. Don’t let me eat this or that, I would say. I asked each of them if they thought I could do it. I can do it, I would say. Finally the day came and I felt I was ready. I made one day’s worth of the drink last night so it would be nice and cold this morning. To make the lemonade I mixed 60 oz of filtered water with 12 T Organic Grade B Maple Syrup, 12 T freshly squeezed organic lemon juice, and ½ t of cayenne pepper. Before I got in bed I said my prayers and asked God for the strength I would need to complete this cleanse.

This morning I woke up with the lemonade on my mind. Since I could not eat breakfast or have my International Sugar Free Vanilla CafĂ© favored coffee drink I stayed in bed a half hour longer. When I got up to brushed my teeth the lemonade was still on my mind. I wasn’t putting it off because I had changed my mind, I was really afraid of the taste. The time had come…I was going to do it. I went into the kitchen, got a glass of water and a glass of the lemonade. I started drinking it really fast then realized it actually tasted good. I don’t even mind having pepper in my drink. That’s good…I won’t mind drinking it. Cool.

It’s now 11:34 and I have drank half of what I brought for breakfast and lunch. I’m feeling hungry. Did I fail to tell you how much I like food? I love it. I like eating and I do it well but I am determined to do this cleanse so I am going to blog about it every day in hopes that will help me stay on track. I will document everything…the good, the bad and the ugly so if you are squeamish, this is your warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment